Dr Luzia Sampaio is a Rheumatologist at the Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City. She is board certified by the Portuguese Medical Association and Medical Council of Ireland.
She has more than 12 years of experience treating conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, osteoporosis and pediatric rheumatic diseases.
In her career, Dr Sampaio has worked in leading institutions including Sao Joao University Hospital Center, the largest hospital in Portugal.
She was also Docent of Rheumatology at Porto University and Nurse School of Minho University in Portugal.
She has authored 12 research papers on topics such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis, published in leading journals Joint Bone Spine Journal and Rheumatology International, among others.
She holds a Medical Degree (2003) from the University of Porto. She is a member of the Portuguese Society of Rheumatology; Emirates Society of Rheumatology; and Emirates Osteoporosis Society.Back
- Medical Degree, University of Porto, Portugal (EU)
- Portuguese Board Certified Rheumatologist
- Ireland Medical Council Specialist register in Rheumatology
- MD, Portuguese Board Certified Rheumatologist, Ireland Medical Council Specialist Register Rheumatology
Dr. Luzia’s Expertise
- Early diagnosis of arthritis
- Inflammatory arthritis and biologic treatments.
- Rheumatic diseases