Dr Karin M. Strasser heads the Radiology Department at the Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City.
She has broad-based knowledge and more than 20 years of experience in imaging modalities, including magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, ultrasound, mammography, DEXA and fluoroscopy.
Since 2007, Dr Strasser has worked in the UAE. She has provided radiology services for reputed institutions such as Allied Medical Center, The Dubai Mall Medical Center and Dr Sulaiman al Habib Medical Center.
Prior to moving to Dubai, she held senior positions in reputed hospitals in Switzerland, mainly the Hospital of Zofingen and Lucerne Hospital. Earlier in her career, Dr Strasser trained at the University Clinic of Innsbruck, Austria.
She is a member of the Radiological Society of North America and the Swiss Society of Radiology.Back
Dr. Strasser’s expertise:
- Full imaging spectrum including MRI, CT, mammography, ultrasound, x-ray, DEXA
- Emphasis of work on MRI (musculoskeletal imaging) and woman’s health imaging
- Fellowship in radiology – Universitaetsklinik fuer Radiodiagnostic in Innsbruck, Austria 1989
- Pathology resident – Hospital of Salzburg, Austria 1983
- Medical School – University of Innsbruck, Austria 1983