Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Stephan is an Austrian Board-certified Specialist in Traumatology/Orthopedics and Sports Medicine with more than 17 years of experience in Europe and the Middle East.
Dr. Ortner studied at the Medical University of Vienna and completed his training in the General Hospital Vienna/University Clinics, one of Europe’s most prestigious institutions.
Dr. Stephan gained knowledge in his field as a consultant in other major hospitals in Austria until he moved to Dubai in 2011 where he worked as an Orthopedic Specialist in several hospitals/Clinics.
His expertise covers the wide range of treatments from bone fractures in children and adults, conservative and operative treatment of most musculoskeletal, tendon, ligament injuries/disorders, ganglions and inflammatory problems (Tennis/Golfers elbow, Achilles and patella tendinitis, …) to arthroscopic surgeries of the knee and ankle.Back
Dr. Ortner’s expertise:
- Hip and knee joint replacement
- Treatment and management of sports injuries
- Medical studies and Doctorate in Medicine (MD) at the Medical University, Vienna 2001
- AO Trauma Middle East
- Austrian Society for Traumatology
- Austrian Society for Mountain Medicine
- Emirates Medical Association
- Emirates Orthopedic Society