Ellen Pavlovic is Senior Physiotherapist at Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City. She is Board Certified by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation as a licensed Physical Therapist and is currently licensed with Dubai Health Care Authority as a Physiotherapist.
Ellen has more than 10 years of experience with specialization in orthopedics and musculoskeletal physiotherapy in both USA and UAE. Clinical specialties include manual therapy, myofascial releases, dry needling, shockwave, exercise prescription, muscle energy techniques, sports injuries, shoulder, knee, hip and spine pathologies, post-operative conditions, and sports injury prevention. Personal interests include distance running (marathons and ultra marathons), swimming, hiking/trekking, triathlons, nutrition, and health and well-being.
She has practiced in leading medical institutions and centers such as University of Illinois Chicago, AthletiCo in Chicagoland area, and Vail Valley Medical Center in Vail, Colorado, USA.
Ellen holds a Doctor in Physical Therapy degree (DPT) from University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in 2007, a Masters in Healthcare Administration (MHA) from Colorado State University – Global Campus (CSU – Global) in 2017, a Certificate of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) from Curtin University, Perth, Australia associated with Formaterapia, Portugal in 2014, and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from Loyola University Chicago in 2000.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT): University of Illinois at Chicago, IL USA in 2007
- Certificate of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) through Curtin University, Perth, Australia and Formaterapia, Portugal, 2014
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.): Loyola University Chicago, IL USA in 2000
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.): Loyola University Chicago, IL USA in 2000
- Manual therapy
- Myofascial releases
- Dry Needling Modules 1-3
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
- Deep friction massage
- Shockwave therapy
- Exercise prescription
- Special interests: Sports and musculoskeletal injuries, shoulder, knee, hip and spine pathologies, post-operative conditions, sports injury prevention