Marika Desousa is a Physiotherapist at the Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City.
She has more than 17 years of experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy in several countries including India and UAE, specializing in sports injuries and rehabilitation.
Prior to joining the Dubai Bone and Joint Center, Desousa worked in leading medical institutions including the Bombay Hospital, India, and American Hospital Dubai.
She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the GS Medical College and KEM Hospital at Mumbai University.
She is a member of the Indian association of physiotherapists and Emirates Medical Association.
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy, GSMC, Mumbai (2000)
- Certificate: Sports and Fitness Sciences (Sports injury & rehab) – Sporting Spirit Academy, India
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Certificate in fascial manipulation – Level 1
- Bombay Hospital, India (2000-2005)
- American Hospital , Dubai (2006-2011)
- PNF techniques
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Myofascial release techniques
- Spinal manual therapy
- Peripheral Manual therapy
- Mulligan’s concept
- Dry Needling Modules 1-2-3