Mildred Santiago Castillo is a Senior Physiotherapist at the Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City. She is board certified by the Professional Regulation of the Philippines.
She has more than 14 years of experience in musculoskeletal rehabilitation in the UAE and Philippines. Castillo’s focus areas include shoulder injuries; knees; spine (disc replacement and fusion); dry needling; functional testing; shockwave therapy; and electrotherapy.
In her career, she has worked in clinics including the Mediclinic Dubai Mall Medical Centre and Mediclinic Meadows. In addition, she has been a member of the Dubai Tennis Championship physiotherapy team since 2010.
She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (1998) from the Emilio Aguinaldo College in Manila Philippines. She is a member of the Dry Needling Institute South Africa (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy 1998, Emilio Aguinaldo College Manila Philippines 1998
- Certification of Basic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound by European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology in 2011
- Certification of Dry Needling Module 1,2,3 by Dry Needling Institute South Africa 2013
International Sports Event Participation as event Physiotherapist:
- Dubai Tennis Championship ATP Tour Feb. 2014
- Dubai Tennis Championship ATP Tour 2010
- Shoulder injuries (SLAP Repair, Bankart, Rotator Cuff Repair and others)
- Knee (ACL Repair, Meniscus repair and other injuries)
- Spine (Microdiscectomy, Disc Replacement, Fusion and others)
- Dry Needling 1,2,3
- Functional Testing (pre and post surgery shoulder, knee, ankle)
- Shockwave Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Myofascial release, Electrotherapy