What is pain management?
Pain is a complex medical problem that can have profound effects on your physical and mental well-being. It can interfere with your productivity at work, your sleep patterns and your time with family and friends. When chronic pain disrupts your quality of life, and doesn’t get better with pain medications, you should be visiting a pain management specialist that can significantly help to improve or alleviate pain.
What is a pain management specialist?
Pain specialists have advanced training in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of people with chronic pain conditions. Pain specialists are committed to staying on the cutting edge of technology to give patients every advantage in this rapidly advancing field of medicine.
A pain management specialist’s goal is to effectively diagnose and treat acute and chronic pain in order to reduce dependence on the health care system, avoid unnecessary surgery, and help patients return to everyday activities quickly.
Pain Management at DBAJ
Through the expertise of our pain specialist, DBAJ offers the Cutting Edge treatment options currently available, in a supportive, compassionate environment.
After a thorough examination and assessment, treatment options will range from conservative to possibly a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure in our state-of-the-art, on-site procedure center.
Many of the treatments we perform show instant results, and help our patients reclaim their lives.
Our Interventional Pain Medicine Department offers treatments to patients diagnosed with:
- Headaches: cervicogenic, tension headache and Migraine
- Facial pain
- Whiplash injuries pain
- Neck pain
- Thoracic spine pain
- Low back pain and sciatica
- Post-laminectomy syndrome pain (post back surgery pain)
- Sacro-iliac joint pain
- Discogenic pain (disc degeneration and disc prolapsed)
- Upper and lower extremities pain (arms and legs pains)
- Piriformis syndrome
- Meralgiaparasthetica pain
- Iliolumbar ligament pain
- Tail bone pain or Coccygodenia
- Musculoskeletal and joints pain
- Neuralgia: occipital nerve, suprascapular nerve, genitofemoral nerve
- Neuropathy: mononeuropathy and polyneuropathy (diabetic)
- Cancer pain
- Ischemic pain by vasospastic disorders (Raynaud disease)
- Post amputation pain (Phantom pain)
- Shingles and post herpetic neuralgia pain
- Postoperative scar pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Spasticity & Chronic muscle spasm pain
We offer a full range of interventional pain management therapies to help our patients relieve and manage chronic pain, including:
- Pain Assessment and Medication Consults
- Trigger Point Injections using local anesthetic, steroid and radiofrequency technique
- Epidural Steroid Injections (all levels: Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Caudal)
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks (diagnostic and therapeutic) using local anesthetic, steroid and Pulsed Radiofrequency technique (Nerves: occipital, suprascapular, ilioinguinal, femoral, etc.)
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks (diagnostic and therapeutic) using local anesthetic, steroid and Radiofrequency technique (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacral)
- Intra-articular Injections: diagnostic arthrogram and therapeutic treatment using steroid and Radiofrequency.
- Facet joints infiltration and Radiofrequency denervation (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar)
- Sacro-iliac joint pain diagnosis and treatment using local anesthetic, steroid and therapeutic Radiofrequency denervation
- Sacro-coccygeal joint infiltration using local anesthetics and steroid
- Sympathetic ganglion block (diagnostic and therapeutic) using local anesthetics, neurolytic agents and radiofrequency ablation (sphenopalatine, trigeminal, stellate, splanchnic, lumbar sympathetic, hypogastric and ganglion Impar)
- Intra-discal procedures: diagnostic discography and therapeutic Percutaneous Intra-discal Decompression techniques (cervical, thoracic and lumbar)
- Epiduroscopy and epidural adhesinolysis
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Neuromodulation: Spinal Cord Stimulation (trail and implantation)
- Intra-thecal Drug Delivery System for treatment of pain and spasm
- Platelets Rich Plasma (PRP) for myofascial and joint pain therapy