DBAJ brings you the best from the experts in the field of musculoskeletal physiotherapy. The department is dedicated to achieving outstanding patient outcomes. From conservative to surgical treatments, physiotherapy forms an integral part in the process of most musculoskeletal conditions.
The evaluation and treatment process is based on a thorough initial assessment and analysis of physical impairment. Progress is monitored and tailored to the patient’s individual needs and goals.
Physiotherapy at DBAJ
DBAJ Physiotherapy Department has a wide range of expertise in the field of orthopedics, sports rehabilitation, rheumatology, occupational medicine and manual therapy.
A clinically collaborative approach always makes for better patient care and recuperation. At DBAJ, we ensure open communication channels between physiotherapists, physicians and surgeons.
Facilities/Devices used in Physiotherapy:
The devices used at the center provide the safest and state of the art means of functional restoration. Our treatments are based on physiological data and evidence- based therapy. They include:
- Ultrasound Therapy
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Heat/Cold Therapy
- Radial Shock Wave Therapy:
- Calcific and non-calcific tendinopathy
- Trigger point release
- Biodex Isokinetic dynamometer:
- Objective evaluation of muscle strength pre/post operation and return to sport functional assessment.
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM):
- Knee (the device available for rent)
- Pulsed Laser Therapy
- Sequential Lymphatic Drainage
- Dry Needling
- State of the art gymnasium with a wide range of equipment for functional restoration comprising of:
- Stationary bike
- Balance pads and boards
- Swiss /BOSU ball
- Foam rollers
- Mini trampoline
- Parallel bars for gait training
- Free weights and machines
- Marika Irene Desousa, PT
- Mildred Castillo, PT
- Ellen Pavlovic, PT
- Ms Alaa Ali Dhaif Allah, PT
- Ms Duaa Al Ashi, PT
- Siona Lobo, PT
- Vijay Kumar Sundaram, PT
- Treatment of a wide spectrum of injuries involving joints, muscles, bones and muscles.
- Restoration of mobility, strength & function
- Patient education programs
- Sports related injury treatment
- Injury prevention education and training
- Isokinetic testing and exercises for objective muscle strength measurements
Expertise in the management of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Spine ailments
- Anklyosing spondylitis