What is Spine care?
Our physicians who perform spine surgery have particular expertise in the operating room. If it is at all possible, they will offer non-surgical solutions.
If surgery is the right solution, Dubai Bone and Joint Center physicians have the training and skill you can trust. Taking care of an injured or painful spine is more than just making a diagnosis. It is the skilled, hands-on evaluation and appropriate diagnostic testing that determines the best overall plan of care.
Remembering of course that we are not just treating back pain but a human being.
While certain diseases and traumatic injury can cause back pain, research shows that many common causes of back pain in fact may be related to improper physical condition, inappropriate posture, improper body mechanics, or the prolonged repetitive use of incorrect bending and lifting techniques.
Preventing and providing relief for back pain and spinal disorders is one of our specialties.
We apply our clinical expertise to establish an accurate diagnosis quickly and develop a plan of care that fits the needs of each patient suffering from either acute or chronic back pain. It is our practice to exhaust every appropriate treatment option before considering surgery.
However, when a problem is not corrected with prescribed rest, exercise conditioning programs or physiotherapy, further advanced diagnostic testing may be employed to precisely identify the key factors causing the patient’s discomfort.
If a surgical procedure becomes the right choice, our team of specialists is trained and skilled to effectively correct the problem.
Procedures offered and conditions treated at DBAJ:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery for herniated discs, degenerative disc disease ( PDCT-plasma light; PLDD-laser; DiscoGel; Ozone therapy; intradiskal mechanical decompression and disk augmentation)) ; endoscopic assisted microdiskectomy: transforaminal & interlaminar
- Pain management procedures: L-ESI: epidural block, SNRB-selective nerve root block also DRG PRF-standard and pulsed radiofrequency, SI joint block, facet block; neuromodulation; flexible lumbar endoscopy AccuroScopy
- Reconstructive disc surgery: dynamic stabilization, semi-rigid fixation and disc replacement; through The newest “state of art” MISS procedures available only in the USA and EU.MISS fusion: AxiaLIF, PerX360-MISS TLIF; DLIF/XLIF/VEO
- Surgery for spinal stenosis: decompression (direct and indirect), interspinous implants, (+/- less invasive approach) also percutaneous MISS
- Leg pain
- Fusion surgery (posterior, anterior, inferior-paracoccygeal approach, far lateral and 360 degrees) for degenerative cervical and lumbar disc disease and spondylolisthesis; also MISS
- Spondylolysis repair
- Treatment of failed back surgery syndrome
- Deformity treatment: Scoliosis correction, Kyphosis (Scheuermann) correction with neuromonitoring during surgery &neuronavigation
- Treatment of osteoporotic insufficiency fractures (balloon kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, Spine Jack, OsseoFix).
- Myelopathy and cervical spinal stenosis
- Spinal infection treatment
- Treatment of post traumatic deformity
- Staged treatment of vertebral fractures