Associate Professor Milan Handl, MD, PhD, Orthopedic Surgeon
Associate Professor Milan Handl, MD, PhD, is an Orthopedic Surgeon at the Dubai Bone and Joint Center in Dubai Healthcare City. He is board certified by Charles University, Czech Republic.
Dr Handl has more than 30 years’ experience treating children and adults in in total joints replacement (hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow), osteotomies, arthroscopy of all joints (incl. ligaments reconstructions), trauma surgery, cartilage surgery and sports medicine. His sub-specialty is joint cartilage treatment; he is credited with performing more than 160 transplantations.
In his career, he has practiced in leading institutions: Charles University and University Hospital Motol, Czech Republic; University Hospital Innsbruck, Austria; Saarlouis, Germany; Hospital de Sant Pau, Spain; and National Rehabilitation Hospital, US.
He also serves as the medical consultant for the Czech Olympic Committee and Czech National Teams.
He is a member of ESSKA, the European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy, among others.
He holds Associate Professor (2008), MD (1985) and PhD (2006) degrees from Charles University.Back
- Graduate at Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, 1985
- I-st postgraduate examination, Orthopedics, 1988
- II-nd postgraduate examination, Orthopedics, 1993
- PhD. – experimental surgery, Charles University, Prague, 2006
- Associate Professor – habilitation in Orthopedics, Charles University, Prague, 2008
Dr. Milan’s expertise:
- Joints Replacement
- Pediatric Orthopedics,
- Cartilage Surgery
- Trauma and Sports Orthopedics
Professional internship and fellowship abroad:
- 1991 Innsbruck, Austria – University Orthopedic Clinic
- 1992 Saarlouis, Germany – Orthopedic Clinic
- 1993 Amsterdam, Holland – Free University Hospital
- 1994 Washington, DC, USA – National Rehabilitation Hospital
- 1995 Barcelona, Spain – Clinica Ortopedica Universitaria St. Pau