Orthopaedic and Traumatology (for both children and adult)
Associate Professor Milan Handl, MD, PhD has 30-years practice in Orthopaedics and Traumatology (both for children and adults). He studied at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic, which belongs to the most historic universities in Europe. He has been working at University Hospital Motol, Prague for more than past 20 years, which is the largest hospital in Czech Republic and belongs to well known orthopaedic clinics in Europe. He is Deputy Head of Orthopaedic Clinic, 2nd Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague since 2008.
He is doing major cases in Total Joint Replacements (Hip, Knee, Ankle, and Shoulder), Arthroscopies (Knee, Ankle and other joints), Osteotomies, both children and adult Traumatology (osteosynthesis).
He is sub specialized for Joint Cartilage treatment, including Cartilage transplantation (autologous chondrocyte implantation), mosaic plasty, scaffold treatment for cartilage defects. He gained a unique experience while performing more than 160 joint cartilage transplantations since 2003 till now, in this field he belongs to world’s leading experts.
Prof. Handl is also well know as the medical doctor of Czech Olympic Committee and for Czech National Teams (ice-hockey, football, wrestling and others) with those he has been cooperating since early Nineties.
- 1985 Graduate at Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague
- 1988 I-st postgraduate examination – orthopedics
- 1993 II-nd postgraduate examination – orthopedics
- 2006 Ph.D. – experimental surgery, Charles University, Prague
- 2008 Associate Professor – habilitation in orthopedics, Charles University, Prague
- from 1992 Czech Medical Association of J.E. Purkyně (CzMA)
- from 1992 Czech Society for Orthopaedic and Traumatology
- from 2001 Czech Society for Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy of Czech Republic
- from 1993 member of European Society for Sports Medicine, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- from 2003 member of International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery andOrthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- from 2014 ESSKA – AFAS member of the Board (treasurer)
Professional internship and fellowship abroad:
- 1991 Innsbruck, Austria – University Orthopedic Clinic
- 1992 Saarlouis, Germany – Orthopedic Clinic
- 1993 Amsterdam, Holland – Free University Hospital
- 1994 Washington, DC, USA – National Rehabilitation Hospital
- 1995 Barcelona, Spain – Clinica Ortopedica Universitaria St. Pau